GREECE, NEW PPP PUBLIC TENDER, TOTAL VALUE € 94,000,000, bid submission date June 18, 2020.
IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY FOR CHINESE CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
The public tender “Implementation of Student Halls & Other Educational and Research Facilities in Volos & Lamia” was announced, a PPP project with a total investment cost of € 94 million (VAT excluded). The object of the PPP partnership concerns the study, financing and technical management of student halls and other buildings of the University of Thessaly. The bid submission date is June 18, 2020. Please see detailed information on the public tender at the end of the letter
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES had already informed the construction companies in China since the beginning of March about the approval of this tender by the Greek government. Now we enter the final straightness of the route.
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES can help Chinese construction companies enter the Greek market.
What BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES offer to the Chinese construction companies is the matchmaking with major and reliable Greek construction companies, for them to investigate possible collaboration in order to participate in this tender and other construction projects in Greece. We will support them in their introductory discussions with the Greek companies, signing MOU, during their meetings in Athens etc. We will provide every relevant information they require at this stage. All the above is provided free.
Our remuneration is a Success Fee, ONLY IF YOU WIN THE TENDER in cooperation with the suggested company.
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES is the ideal partner for Chinese companies because it has been working with Chinese companies for years and knows how to help them enter the Greek market. Recently one of the projects we promoted to a major Chinese company was included in the 6 priority projects signed by the Government of China with the Government of Greece before the President of China Mr. Xi Jinping.
THE NEXT STEPS
Given the short bidding date, the steps are as follows:
- Signing an agreement between your company and BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES
- BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES will inform your company about the details of the tender (according to the tender documents)
- Searching for an interested Greek construction company for possible cooperation with your company (local partner)
- Decision of your company for participation or not in the tender and for selection of a local partner
- Agreement of your company with a local partner
- Preparation of documents for participation in the Tender
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We often receive questions from our Chinese partners about the Greek Government tenders and about our company. Here are some of the most popular.
- Is there always a public tender for the projects of the Greek Government?
The answer is yes, direct assignment is not possible for projects of the Greek Government.
- It is compulsory to cooperate with a Greek company in order to participate in a tender of the Greek Government
The answer is no. It is not compulsory, but it is necessary for many reasons.
- Who is the employer in the case of projects by the Greek Government?
The answer is that the employer could be the government of Greece (e.g. Ministry of Transport) or companies that are fully controlled by the Greek government. Simply put, the Greek Government is responsible for payment.
- Why do you think it is worthwhile for a Chinese company to work with BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES to enter the Greek market?
The answer is that the reasons are many, we have put together the 11 main ones and present them to you on our website at this link https://www.beltandroadassociates.com/11-reasons-to-work-with-us/
- BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES has experience of working with Chinese companies?
The answer is, of course, yes. Take a look at our website at the following link to get a quick idea https://www.beltandroadassociates.com/news/
- What is the legislative framework for PPP projects and for the strategic investments?
The answer is in the link below where you can see a presentation of 1) Private and Public Partnerships in Greece, 2) Strategic Investments procedure in Greece
- Is there a guide for prospective investors in Greece?
The answer is in the link below where you can see the “INVEST IN GREECE GUIDE” of BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES. In this 76 pages guide you will find everything you need to know about Greece and the main sectors: * TOURISM * ENERGY *ICT *LIFE SCIENCES * FOOD & AGRICULTURE * LOGISTICS * STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS
Also here you may find «INVEST IN GREECE» GUIDE IN CHINESE language. A very good 90 pages guide to Greece in Chinese. It contains interesting information for Chinese who want to invest in Greece.
THE NEW TENDER: “IMPLEMENTATION OF STUDENT HALLS & OTHER EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH FACILITIES IN VOLOS & LAMIA”
Following you can find basic information on the forthcoming tender “Implementation of Student Halls & Other Educational and Research Facilities in Volos & Lamia”. The official announcement is here: https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:189882-2020:TEXT:EN:HTML&tabId=0
Type of the contracting authority: Body governed by public law
Main activity of the contracting authority: Education
Estimated total value: Value excluding VAT: 94 054 182.00 EUR
Place of performance: Prefecture of Magnesia, Region of Thessaly and Prefecture of Fthiotida, Region of Central Greece, GREECE
Scope of the procurement: Creation of student dormitories, educational and research facilities of the University of Thessaly, in the cities of Volos and Lamia.
Description of the procurement:
The object of the partnership agreement is the execution of the project:
- a) integrated intervention for urban regeneration and utilization of the industrial property in Nea Ionia, Volos, for the creation of student dormitories, educational and research facilities, and social infrastructure of the University of Thessaly, and
- b) the creation of student dormitories, and educational and research infrastructures of the University of Thessaly in Lamia.
Under the partnership agreement, the bidder is required to undertake the following:
(a) shall draw up all the technical studies required, and shall take all necessary steps to compile the required documents in order to ensure the timely issuance of all licenses and approvals provided for in the provisions in force;
- b) will carry out the construction works, as well as the supply and installation of the necessary equipment of the building infrastructures; it will also carry out the renovation and configuration works of their surrounding area, so that the above infrastructures and spaces are fully available for exploitation and use. , for the intended purpose;
- c) will finance the project with own and / or loan funds;
- d) will undertake the technical management, throughout the duration of the partnership agreement, which consists, in particular, of the inspection, the 1) usual, 2) preventive 3) corrective maintenance, the heavy maintenance, the daily technical operation and the supervision for the readiness, and the ability to operate the facilities and systems of the building infrastructure and the surrounding area, so that the project is completely suitable and available;
- e) will insure the building and other facilities and infrastructure systems that are the subject of the partnership agreement, both during the study and construction phase and during the operation phase;
(f) take care of the maintenance, cleanliness, management of waste and ensuring the hygiene of the building and other facilities and systems of the infrastructure, which are the subject of the partnership agreement, during the operation phase and throughout the partnership agreement, with subject to the provisions of the current legislation on the protection of the personality and personal data of the members of the educational community, and
- g) will return the project to the University of Thessaly, in accordance with the provisions of the contract, at the end of the contractual period, ie the duration of the partnership agreement, in exchange for the payment of availability payments during the period of operation.
Award criteria: Price is not the only award criterion and all criteria are stated only in the procurement documents
Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system: 360 months
Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited: Envisaged minimum number: 3, Maximum number: 6
Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Natural or legal persons or associations of natural and / or legal persons have the right to participate in the tender and submit a file of expression of interest, if the same or in case of association of persons, their members:
- a) are established in a Member State of the European Union (EU) or of the European Economic Area (EEA) or in third countries that have signed and ratified the Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA), to the extent that the contract in question is covered by Annexes 1, 2, 4 and 5, and the general notes of the relevant Annex I of the above GPA or in third countries that do not fall within the above cases and have entered into a bilateral or multilateral agreement with the European Union, and
- b) meet the quality selection criteria, according to the call for expressions of interest.
The Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA) is a legally binding international agreement on access to government procurement markets, to which some WTO Members are Parties. The GPA is currently composed of 15 Parties, almost only developed countries: Armenia, Canada, EU (with regard to its 27 Member States), Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Korea, Lichtenstein, Norway, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, and United States of America. 27 Parties have observer status, whereby the following observer 10 countries are in the process of negotiating accession: Albania, China, Georgia, Kyrgyz Republic, Moldova, New Zealand, Oman, Panama and Ukraine.
Candidates participating in the public tender in the form of a union of persons are not obliged to obtain a specific legal form for the submission of a file of expression of interest. During the public tender, the members of the association are jointly and severally liable to the contracting authority for their obligations under the terms of the invitation. In case of a candidate association of persons, the percentage of participation of its members in it will be declared with the file of expression of interest.
Type of procedure: Competitive dialogue
Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: Date: 18/06/2020 Local time: 13:00
Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted: Greek
Date of dispatch of this notice: 22/04/2020
For more information please contact us George Floras email: email@example.com
WeChat ID: gfloras